Solved

When using the Amazon S3 Connector transformer, my published workspace in FME Server is failing. It works when running in FME Desktop but fails when published.

•  I am able to connect to AWS S3 in the Automation connection I have set up in FME Server. 
  • The FME Server Log shows the error to be with the Python module 'fmepy_amazons3' not being found when it is trying to connect to S3 in the read
  • I have tried setting the python interpreter for the workspace to Python 3.7 and republishing, rerunning
  • I have tried restarting the FME Engines

Thank you for any insight or troubleshooting steps you have to offer! I have a support case started but wanted to also reach out to the community.

FMEServerError 

icon

Best answer by markw 4 August 2021, 21:19

View original

12 replies

Badge +10

Are you uploading the package when you upload the workspace?

Capture

Are you uploading the package when you upload the workspace?

Capture

Yes

Badge +10

Yes

I've seen that error, but only when the package upload to FME Server has failed

Capture 

Yes

I think you are correct - I get a success message that it loads but not sure it actually does. I will troubleshoot further and update. Thank you.

Badge +10

Yes

Can you see the package if you go into Files & Connections > resources > engine > packages >build > PackageFiles ?

Yes

Yes

Badge

After investigation and testing in a support case, we found that this was a Python error. The cause was a PYTHONHOME environment variable (originally added as a workaround to an ArcGIS Pro Python 3.6 issue which has also been fixed). Removing this environment variable fixed the problem. The Python component of the package failed to install because it was using ArcGIS Pro Python instead of the FME Server Python and was missing the required modules to install packages.

Badge +1

Hi @Mark Warren​ . Could you explain how you remove this environment variable please? I currently have this same issue. It's fine in FME Server 2021 and FME Desktop 2022 but when I publish to our test version of FME Server 2022 I get this same problem.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Mark Warren​ . Could you explain how you remove this environment variable please? I currently have this same issue. It's fine in FME Server 2021 and FME Desktop 2022 but when I publish to our test version of FME Server 2022 I get this same problem.

Thanks.

Hi @soothsayers​ you can view, edit, and remove environment variables by searching for Environment Variables in your windows search bar. This will open a window called System Properties where you can then click a button that says Environment Variables. In the window that opens, you will see the PYTHONHOME environment variable under the system variables list.

Badge +1

Hi @soothsayers​ you can view, edit, and remove environment variables by searching for Environment Variables in your windows search bar. This will open a window called System Properties where you can then click a button that says Environment Variables. In the window that opens, you will see the PYTHONHOME environment variable under the system variables list.

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ , thanks for your reply. First of all I have no PYTHONHOME variable in that list. Secondly this is only an issue when running jobs in FME Server 2022 in FME Cloud. Running FME Desktop 2022 locally seems OK.

Badge

Hi @soothsayers​, thank you for the clarification! Could you please try following this troubleshooting guide for the module not found error? It seems that the package didn't install itself correctly.

You will need to go into Resources > Engine > Packages and either (1) delete the <build>-<OS> folder, or (2) look in each directory within that path to delete any safe.s3connector folders (or whichever package you're running into issues with). Doing these will prompt FME Server to attempt a reinstall of the package when you run the workspace again.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue or not!

Badge +1

Thanks @Mark Warren​ , worked perfectly! Funnily enough it is fairly similar to an issue I had in FME Server 2021, but that was simply that the s3connector v1.1.5 wasn't unpacking properly at all so we reverted back to 1.1.4 which was fine. A different solution this time!