Solved

Server Automation Filter Syntax

• 22 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello all.

I'm new to FME Server Automations and I'm wondering about the Filter Action "Contains String" syntax. I want to filter on the Job Status Output text from the previous workspace run, and I'm wondering if you can add more than one text string to search for. I've tried a few ways and can't seem to find documentation specifically on this. I have it working searching for one specific string which needs no formatting at all, simply entering "FME_BEGIN_PYTHON script returned error on execution" filters correctly. Any info or assistance would be appreciated!

I'm working with FME Server 2019.1.3.1.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 22 June 2021, 23:53

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @timboberoosky​ ,

In FME 2019 the Filter Action in Automations is simply running an FME Workspace that uses the Tester transformer with the operator 'Contains' so it is only designed to match a single string. I'd recommend you download this workspace (FilterMessage.fmw in the Tools Repository) and update the Tester to use the operation 'Contains Regex' and then re-publish the workspace to FME Server and you should now be able to perform more complex filtering.

All this being said, the Filter Action was fully integrated into later versions of FME and no longer uses a workspace, so you may also want to file an Idea to request support for multiple filters in this action in newer FME versions.

Badge +2

Hi @timboberoosky​ ,

In FME 2019 the Filter Action in Automations is simply running an FME Workspace that uses the Tester transformer with the operator 'Contains' so it is only designed to match a single string. I'd recommend you download this workspace (FilterMessage.fmw in the Tools Repository) and update the Tester to use the operation 'Contains Regex' and then re-publish the workspace to FME Server and you should now be able to perform more complex filtering.

All this being said, the Filter Action was fully integrated into later versions of FME and no longer uses a workspace, so you may also want to file an Idea to request support for multiple filters in this action in newer FME versions.

Thanks, @hollyatsafe​ .

I followed your suggestion and updated the FilterMessage.fmw in the Tools Repository. After this I was able to add two different string options to search for in the Filter within my automation, so it is working perfectly.

I will file an idea as you mentioned, but for me now at 2019.1.3.1, I'm all set!

Thanks