Question

How to read the specific sheet from Excel Reader

• 22 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I want to know if there is any method to read specific sheet only by using Excel Reader, e.g. I have multiple Readers in the same workspace to input various datasets, one is EXCEL, the other is IFC. If I want to read the sheet whose name is the same as my IFC Reader's source data name. Any method to achieve this? I guess fme_basename helps, but not sure how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Badge +10

If you use a FeatureReader rather than a regular reader to read the excel file, you can use the IFC source data name as a parameter in the FeatureReader

If you use a FeatureReader rather than a regular reader to read the excel file, you can use the IFC source data name as a parameter in the FeatureReader

Hi @ebygomm​ , thanks for your reply! As I'm real newbie for this, may you please elaborate a bit more?

For example, my IFC source data name is: CE1314-ACM-C4_BD-PG_AC-AR-M3_N.ifc; while one of the worksheet name in the EXCEL is C4_BD-PG_AC-AR-M3_N. I need to extract part of IFC name which matches with the related worksheet's name. I tried "@Trim($(SourceDataset_IFC)$(SourceDataset_XLSXR))" for Feature Types to Read setting but failed.

Excel Reader setting