Solved

How to combine a folder of geotiffs satellite imagery files together in a row into a single geotiff

• 21 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi I want to combine a folder of geotiffs satellite imagery files together in a row into a single geotiff. I dont need the coordinate sys of the geotiff output, just the pixels and its value to be stitched together.

Basically trying to do the same as this question https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30227466/combine-several-images-horizontally-with-python8rj1GTried the solutions posted there but the python pillow library does not seem to read geotifs

Anyone have an ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 22 June 2021, 08:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

So just to clarify, you want to stitch them together horizontally regardless of their original coordinate system?

I'd strip the original coordinate system off (CoordinateSystemRemover), get the coordinate values of the lower left point as well as the pixels sizes (RasterPropertyExtractor) and then use an Offsetter to shift them all in a sort of fake coordinate space to be horizontally aligned and flush to eachother. Then a RasterMosaicker should do the trick.

Badge +1

So just to clarify, you want to stitch them together horizontally regardless of their original coordinate system?

I'd strip the original coordinate system off (CoordinateSystemRemover), get the coordinate values of the lower left point as well as the pixels sizes (RasterPropertyExtractor) and then use an Offsetter to shift them all in a sort of fake coordinate space to be horizontally aligned and flush to eachother. Then a RasterMosaicker should do the trick.

brilliant thanks