Question

Get row and column from a raster for points on top

• 18 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +13

I'm trying to create GCP points for a raster. I have some points for which I know the original and transformed coordinates. So now I need to know for each point the column and row from the underlying raster. I tried the PointOnRasterValueExtractor, but it gives only information from the bands.

I tried the RasterCellCoercer which gives me row and column. With a spatialfilter I get results, but is already slow for my test file and when I try to do that for my actual raster I run out of disk space.

Does anybody know another way to get the row and column from a raster for a certain point?

I use 2020.2

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I would like to understand the question behind the question. Why do you need to have the row and the column?

Badge +13

What I want to do is to reproject/transform a GeoTIFF from WGS84/UTM31N to a local projection system. I could use the reprojector for this, but to my understanding it can lead to quality loss because of distortion of the pixels.

I was trying another method where you create GCP points and use that to georeference the raster. For these GCP points you need to know the row and column of the raster and the coordinate from the transformed point.