Question

create a server app with fme server 2019

Badge

This seems like an obvious question, I have a published workspace with a user parameter on FME server 2019. I would like my user to be able to access a url where they could enter the paramater P=1234 (a data attribute search). I am not sure if I can do so without 2020. Unfortunately we are limited by our organization managing FME server for us and they haven't upgraded yet.

I assume there is no possible way in 2019, but I am throwing the question out there.

4 replies

Badge

I solved my own question by creating a html report with a dropdown to search for plan numbers.

Badge

I created html report with a search function and limited the table results, however since there are 250,000 features it tends to not respond. Even if I limit my query to the last couple of years, which is about 30,000 features, it just crashes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @sylvia​ , thanks for posting! Sorry no one was able to respond sooner. Do you know if this reacts any differently on FME Desktop? Does the job complete on FME Server when its run? Are you streaming back the HTML? Thanks, Kailin.

Badge

I have it up and running on FME server, yes, and it doesn't seem to have the loading issues it has when I tested it on desktop. However, I am unsure as to where to place the html for users to view. I have the html file in dashboard and it works, but how do I let my users use it without them logging into the server?

thanks for your assistance