Question

Hello. I would like to ask, I have a data source in csv and fme desktop reads some values to me as NULL, even though the value in the source file is

Badge +10

I tried to change the data types from unit8 to unit64, but without success. When I convert to xlsx, all values are loaded, but I have another problem. Vertexcreator does not create values in decimal development correctly. Why the same data, but in csv it creates the vertexcreaotor correctly and in xlsx not? I would need to either solve the correct loading in csv so that I don't have a null value - here vertexcreator creates points correctly for me, or load the data from xlsx correctly and solve the correct addition of a point by vertexceator. Or does anyone else have an idea? Thanks a lot!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 4

Either set all the CSV reader attributes to text, or make sure that you let the FME scan the entire contents of your CSV so that it gets a better chance at generating the correct schema.

Badge +10

Thank you so much for your support, I appreciate it. You brought me to the idea, once again check the settings on the csv reader and there was a limit of 10,000 lines. Thanks!!!

But I still don't know, you don't know why vertexcreator wrote the same data incorrectly when translating to xlsx? Wrong data type?

Badge +2

Thank you so much for your support, I appreciate it. You brought me to the idea, once again check the settings on the csv reader and there was a limit of 10,000 lines. Thanks!!!

But I still don't know, you don't know why vertexcreator wrote the same data incorrectly when translating to xlsx? Wrong data type?

@fmesafe.podpora​ can you please clarify your question regarding Excel. Perhaps include a small example dataset and workspace.

Badge +10

Hello, ok. In the attachment I send WS and source data set. With the same data but in csv vertex creator will create the points fine. Not in Excel. I also attach the csv variant. Thank you very much

Badge +2

@fmesafe.podpora​ Thanks for including the sample data. I can't reproduce your issue, but I may not be interpreting your question correctly. In FME 2020, the CSV and excel reader both seem to recognise the GEO_LAT/LONG fields coordinates and create a point geometry.

imageIn FME 2020 you still have to set the coordinate system - LL-WGS84. But in FME 2021.x we changed this so that if the Excel or CSV detect a lat/long pair of fields, then they will automatically set the coordinate system to LL-WGS84 or EPSG:4326

Badge +10

Hello. From csv, I have spatial points, but from excel spatial points missing. They are the same values in the same workspace, only other source format.

Badge +2

Hello. From csv, I have spatial points, but from excel spatial points missing. They are the same values in the same workspace, only other source format.

@fmesafe.podpora​ You'd have to attach a copy of the workspace or a movie of what your doing if you want someone to pursue this further . As you can see above, we were unable to reproduce the issue here - the Excel reader shows the GEO_LAT/LONG as x/y coordinates.