Solved

ArcGIS Indoors to IMDF transformation - openings not processed

Hi,

I am hoping someone in the community can help me with the issue I am experiencing during ArcGIS Indoors to IMDF transformation. Openings features, which are part of the Details FC in my ArcGIS indoors information model, are not being picked up during the FME transformation process - meaning the output does not contain openings.geojson file at all.

FME transformation phase that extracts the openings from Details features seems to be passing as expected. Feature geometry checks are also passed, but then the FeatureTypeFilter leaves them Unfiltered.

The reason for this might be in the fact that assigned IMDF category for these features is set as pedestrian (which I understand is one of the allowed IMDF subcategories for Openings).

I would appreciate if anyone can offer some assistance.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 10 June 2021, 19:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @indoorstester​,

Please have a look at the fme_feature_type attribute of the Unfiltered output to see why they did not exit from the Details port. Were these features output properly from the previous FeatureTypeFilter?

Hi @daveatsafe​,

thanks for a quick reply.

The features seem to have been output as expected from the first FeatureTypeFilter (see image).

I realised my mistake was in the mapping table which had a wrong value for the openings in the IMDF_category (I must have wrongly set to "pedestrian"). Changed it to "opening" now but this had no effect to the outcome of that FeatureTypeFilter in question - it still processes them as Unfiltered features.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @daveatsafe​,

thanks for a quick reply.

The features seem to have been output as expected from the first FeatureTypeFilter (see image).

I realised my mistake was in the mapping table which had a wrong value for the openings in the IMDF_category (I must have wrongly set to "pedestrian"). Changed it to "opening" now but this had no effect to the outcome of that FeatureTypeFilter in question - it still processes them as Unfiltered features.

Hi @indoorstester​,

The first FeatureTypeFilter catches the openings through the AIIM/Details port, but the second FeatureTypeFilter has an 'opening' port instead of AIIM/Details. Please edit the second FeatureTypeFilter and replace 'openings' with 'AIIM/Details', then reconnect the output to the Opening section.

that worked! imdf submitted to review by apple

thanks a lot for your help @daveatsafe​ ! hopefully, no additional fixes will be needed.