Question

I would like to create a search envelope with coordinates from a websites.

Hi,

I need some help. I would like to create a certain imaginery polygon (Search envelope​) from a private website (coordinates) to my fme workbench. To put you guys in context, we are calling a website from the FME by writing coordinates details on the website. In our workbench, we got a Readers who contains a lot of road structures in a entire territory. Furthermore, the time of the calling from the FME Workbench to the website is 20s. I want to reduce this time by create this type of 'search envelope' to save some time by create some sort of a polygon near the road structures who are inside the Coordinates. Can someone help me with this problem? Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

One apporach would be filtering (using a tester) the roads you know you want to search around, then buffering them (bufferer) at a set distance. You'll then likely have some overlapping polygons so you can then use a dissolver to 'merge' the overlaping polygons into one feature. Then you can use that geometry (or subsequent bounding box(es)) to create your coordinates

Badge +2

@michelle_onasse​  I think the search envelope to retrieve imagery will always be a rectangle so the BoundingBoxAccumulator with an appropriate Group By might be all you need.

Thanks for your answers ! I'll try that.