Question

Is there any method to do automation for Source JSON URL in the JSON reader?

Hi all,

I've created a workflow in the workbench to extract historical data and store in a database. The JSON Reader contains date at the end of the URL

testFor this time being, I have to manually change the date and then run the workflow. This is quite tiring as the duration for the historical data is long.

Do you guys have any idea or is there any other method or transformer to automatically change the date in the JSON Reader before running the workflow.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

If you replace the classic JSON Reader with a FeatureReader you can add other processes upstream of the JSON Reader. Then you can create an URL for each date based on, for example, an Excelsheet.

You can initiate a FeatureReader using a Creator transformer.

If you replace the classic JSON Reader with a FeatureReader you can add other processes upstream of the JSON Reader. Then you can create an URL for each date based on, for example, an Excelsheet.

You can initiate a FeatureReader using a Creator transformer.

Hi @nielsgerrits​ , I try using the creator and feature reader as suggested but it did not read the JSON file. It only read the excel file. Attached is the example of what I've done. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hi @nielsgerrits​ , I try using the creator and feature reader as suggested but it did not read the JSON file. It only read the excel file. Attached is the example of what I've done. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

You need to add another FeatureReader, reading JSON, using the attribute "Historical data" in the DataSet field.

2021-06-11_09h39_09Attached updated workspace template.

This is great! Thank you so much @nielsgerrits​. I really appreciate your help 👍