Question

Create bounding box from Bounding Rectangle of a feature

• 3 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I have this Oracle database that has a trigger that automatically creates a bounding box around any feature, in this case they are parking lots. The index database stores the northernmost and southernmost latitude as well as the corresponding eastern and wester most longitude of the minimum bounding rectangle. I'm trying to crate this bounding box using FME and I'm not seeing the best way to accomplish this. My thought process:

1. Create 4 points for the four corners of each box and then create the areas for them.
  2. Create the top left and bottom right corners of each box and then have FME figure out the polygon
  3. Find a transformer that just knows what to do with these 4 fields and then get a cup of coffee

Of course the 3rd one is what I'd love to see but I'm not sure that exists. I'd rather not create a ton of points just to create a polygon but I might need to do this.

Any thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @John Smith​ You could use the BoundingBoxReplacer, but if you want to use the attributes from Oracle then I'd use four VertexCreators (in order) and a LineCloser.