Solved

Why one FME server does not work with ArcGIS Pro 2.6?

Badge +4

I have two FME servers, one test and one production. Both have version 2020.1.3 and a recent installation of ArcGIS Pro 2.6. I have a workspace, also in 2020.1.3 with Python Compatibility set to "Esri ArcGIS Python 3.6". The workspace works fine on desktop which has Pro 2.6 installed. The workspace is published to both servers. It runs without any problem on the test server, but on the production server, it gives this error as shown in attached. It does not generate a log file either. It seems the production server does not know the existence of the Pro 2.6 installation. I have no problem launching Pro 2.6 on the production server. Do I need to do some special configuration on the FME server to work with ArcGIS Pro? I don't think I did anything special on the test server, and yet it works fine with Pro.

FMEServer_error_1FMEServer_error_2

icon

Best answer by nampreetatsafe 4 June 2021, 00:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @aguan​: This sounds a lot similar to a previous post I came across where the user FME Server uses was different than that of the one the checked out the ArcGIS license. They managed to get it to work by " changing the account FME Server Engines service uses to the same account that I installed ArcGIS Pro with." If this doesn't do the trick, I would suggest submitting a support case so that a Safer can take a closer look at it with you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

@aguan​, a colleague shared a more comprehensive article that should help: https://community.safe.com/s/article/Using-ArcGIS-Pro-with-FME-Server

Let us know if you have any luck.

Badge +4

@nampreetatsafe​ Yes, I did that for the test server, and thought I did for the production server too, apparently not. Thanks for reminding me. It works now.