Question

How to use a User parameter in the 'Feature Types to read' parameter of the Feature Reader

Badge

Hello,

I have set-up a workflow that needs to be run several times using different set of input-data. The names of the input data are all the same except for a number at the end (for example: 'WSbekken_1', 'WSbekken_2' etc.). The input data is in shapefile, geodatabase and tiff format. I want to use a user parameter ("RHS_2") indicating the number of the input datasets to use and have different FeatureReaders reading the input data. I managed to get the shapefiles and tiffs read like so:

but not the geodatabase because the user parameters do not seem to work in the 'Feature types to read' parameter field, which I need in the case of geodatabase. I tried the following but it is not working, in the log file I see it tries to read a file "WSbekken_" so it seems to completely ignore the "@Value($(RHS_2))".

I figure I could split up my geodatabase so that I have one dataset per database and set the parameter to 'all feature types ' but I prefer not to do this.

How can I do this without splitting up my geodatabase?

Many thanks, Neel

https://community.safe.com/s/forums

3 replies

Badge

I see that my print screens are not included,

set up for shape and tiff: shapefileTifffileand for geodatabase: geodatabase

Badge +2

@neel_d​ Try creating an attribute and then use the attribute in the Feature Type to Read:image 

Badge

@Mark Stoakes​ 

thanks, that works perfect.