Question

please guide how to convert pdf file to excel

The information in the pdf file has the same columns as the attached excel file

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

As that PDF is scanned, you're going to need to use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to extract the text. @dmitribagh​ wrote an article on using OCR a few years ago - https://www.safe.com/blog/2016/10/ocr-for-fme-now-i-know-my-abc/

One option is to use an online converter tool - just do a quick search, and you'll find several options. Another option is to copy and paste the information from the PDF into Excel, but it may not work well if the PDF has complex formatting.

Hey! Converting a PDF to Excel can be tricky, but I've got a solution for you. One way to do it is to use an online converter like SmallPDF or Adobe Acrobat. These tools should be able to convert your PDF to an Excel file pretty easily. Another option is to manually copy and paste the information from the PDF into an Excel file. However, if you have a lot of data, this could be quite time-consuming. If you're looking for a more advanced solution, you could try using software like Smart Engines, which uses OCR technology to recognize text and data from images (including PDFs) and convert them to editable formats like Excel. So, there are a few different options available to you, depending on your needs.