Solved

How join two different output of custom transformer into one ?

Badge

I am working on FME script which generated two output one is 1-1 where building outline are link to one parcel ( even if it related to multiple parcels) and another output is 1-M where building outline are link to many parcel which are relate to. Below are data inspector output of two custom transformer. which I need to joined as final output and exported to CSV. FeatureMerge i tried not giving right output.

Output1 :

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 9.26.30 PM 

Output 2 :

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 9.27.28 PM 

Expected Output after joined :

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 9.28.13 PM 

FeatureMerger output : Highlighted column value is same all record which is not related to building outlines also.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 9.30.50 PM

icon

Best answer by avinashdalvi_ 7 June 2021, 13:08

View original

5 replies

Badge +8

hi @avinashdalvi_​ 

In your scenario, you will need to generate a list on the attribute and then use ListExploder on the Merge port. Please see the example workspace using your test data. Please implement this workflow in your workspace to get the desired result.

If you do not want the Name column, just remove it from the data using AttributeManager.

Output

Badge

hi @avinashdalvi_​ 

In your scenario, you will need to generate a list on the attribute and then use ListExploder on the Merge port. Please see the example workspace using your test data. Please implement this workflow in your workspace to get the desired result.

If you do not want the Name column, just remove it from the data using AttributeManager.

Output

This is not supported in FME 2016. Could you please share screenshot FeatureMerger setting. I tried this setting it giving 16000 record from input of 399 which not expected. Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 1.55.20 AM

Badge +8

Hi @avinashdalvi_​ 

Can you elaborate a bit more on your problem, the data that you are trying to merge how many features on each data?

Do you want to get 399 records in the end? but StackedParcel attribute should contain, the id from both datasets as a comma-separated list?

If you inspect the Merge port, you should see a list attribute that should contain the data that you desire.

WorkspaceIn the above workflow, are you expecting, what is the value out of your merge port?

My FeatureMerger setting is exactly the same as yours but I think the issue is with the data after the merge feature.

Badge

Hi @avinashdalvi_​ 

Can you elaborate a bit more on your problem, the data that you are trying to merge how many features on each data?

Do you want to get 399 records in the end? but StackedParcel attribute should contain, the id from both datasets as a comma-separated list?

If you inspect the Merge port, you should see a list attribute that should contain the data that you desire.

WorkspaceIn the above workflow, are you expecting, what is the value out of your merge port?

My FeatureMerger setting is exactly the same as yours but I think the issue is with the data after the merge feature.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 2.17.24 PMAbove image is my workflow. You can see 399 result converting to 16999 after list exploder. It like 399 * 41 = 16359. Output 1 has 41 feature and Output 2 has 399 feature. I want to have final output with 399 feature.

Badge

Thanks @rahulsharma​ for help but I solved this problem using SpatialRelator.

I got answer to this question. I used SpatialRelator because both input has same type spatial data I just wanted to join between them. SpatialRelator I just comparison as Equal operator because both data is similar only difference between attribute.

SpatialRelator -> ListExploder -> Output

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 4.35.56 PM