Question

How to merge multiple Tiff (Tagged image file format ) georefrenced to create one full image with correct coordinates

Badge +3

my example i have folder that contains lots of files that contain tiff extension and tfw extension .i would like to import all images to fme workbench and build one image with the correct cordinates then i could merge with polygon border coordinates ,to check which image suitable to which polygon border

each image has different min and max extents as pic down,i would like to rearrange them together .

ifme rasterHow could i achieve it ?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Badge +15

I think that FME is capable of reading the Tiff World File associated with the Tiff. So if you use a Directory and File Pathnames Reader to read the folder that contains all your Tiff files. Connect this reader to a FeatureReader that reads all the GeoTiff files. These should all show up in your inspector in the right location.

If this is the case you could feed all the Tiff files to a RasterMosaiker. Or to a clipper and clip them with the desired polygon border.

WB 

I hope this gives you an impression on how to solve the problem.

Badge +3

I think that FME is capable of reading the Tiff World File associated with the Tiff. So if you use a Directory and File Pathnames Reader to read the folder that contains all your Tiff files. Connect this reader to a FeatureReader that reads all the GeoTiff files. These should all show up in your inspector in the right location.

If this is the case you could feed all the Tiff files to a RasterMosaiker. Or to a clipper and clip them with the desired polygon border.

WB 

I hope this gives you an impression on how to solve the problem.

the second feature reader read geotiff always show me failed when i run the workspace,could u upload ur fme workspace . fme 2018