Question

which transformer will be useful to combine the letter that consists from many squares and shapes

Badge +3

Hello.

which transformer will be useful to combine this letter .

each letter has too many seperated sqaures ,and different shapes .i would like to combine all squares together so the letter become only one letter with one shape.

KOFME 2018

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Badge +8

HI @spiderman​ 

Have you tried Dissolver transformer?

All the small polygons inside K and O should get dissolved.

Badge +3

HI @spiderman​ 

Have you tried Dissolver transformer?

All the small polygons inside K and O should get dissolved.

Thanks ,it helps me .but it takes long time to finish processing and a few words disappered ,How could increase the process and why did some words disappear ?

Badge +8

Hi @spiderman​ 

Are you using FME Desktop 2021.0?

We may have to investigate further in the disappearing letters it could be something to do with topology.

You might want to check with data with a TopologyBuilder transformer.

If you are still having issues, please file a support ticket to investigate this further?

Badge +3

Hi @spiderman​ 

Are you using FME Desktop 2021.0?

We may have to investigate further in the disappearing letters it could be something to do with topology.

You might want to check with data with a TopologyBuilder transformer.

If you are still having issues, please file a support ticket to investigate this further?

thanks for reply ,i am using fme 2018 .

could u tell me,how could i check the data with topologybuilder ?

Badge +8

thanks for reply ,i am using fme 2018 .

could u tell me,how could i check the data with topologybuilder ?

Can you share a small dataset that demonstrates the issue? it would help me to evaluate the issue properly before advising a complete solution.

I would also advise working through the articles Tutorial: Working with Topology and Network Transformers