Question

SystemCaller fails to run simple Windows command on FME Server

Badge +8

I'm trying to use FME Server to execute a Windows command but the SystemCaller returns code 1 with no details. The same workflow works fine on FME Desktop. I've read a few articles here in the formum regarding the correct use of UNC paths and folder permissions, but none seem to apply in my case. Have others had success using the SystemCaller transformer within Server to execute commands or batch files on the machine running Server?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Yes I had succes with a SystemCaller on server (2019.2.1).

First thing I would try is something simple like

ping 127.0.0.1

if this returns ExitCodeAttribute = 0 it works. Then try to write the result to a textfile to see if you have the correct permissions.

Badge +8

Yes I had succes with a SystemCaller on server (2019.2.1).

First thing I would try is something simple like

ping 127.0.0.1

if this returns ExitCodeAttribute = 0 it works. Then try to write the result to a textfile to see if you have the correct permissions.

Believe this is working okay, and that I was basically confusing myself. The SystemCaller was needed to execute a plink command and redirect the output to a local (temporary) file. The thing that was most confusing was that the log output from Server was different than Workbench, and that led me to believe the command was not running when it actually was running. Thanks for the feedback!