Question

Points to Polygons: I've done file translations, have never tried points to polygons, the points are a mess, suggestions welcome! See image, can send the shapefiles if needed. My guess is AreaBuilder.

Badge +6
Points to Polygons: I've done file translations, have never tried points to polygons, the points are a mess, suggestions welcome! See image, can send the shapefiles if needed. My guess is AreaBuilder.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Do the points have an id or timestamp which defines the order? Then you can use a Sorter to get that right, then feed the points to the LineBuilder.

Badge +6

point_to_polygons_workbenchThere's a Feature ID, could try that. But when I try I can't get to that attribute in sorter. I tried edit date just to try something but nothing gets written.

Badge +4

Are you just looking to create a polygon that encompasses all the points? If so, I recommend trying the HullAccumulator or HullReplacer transformers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

point_to_polygons_workbenchThere's a Feature ID, could try that. But when I try I can't get to that attribute in sorter. I tried edit date just to try something but nothing gets written.

Just disable the writer and add an Inspector. Then you can check the result. If all is well, enable the writer. Try to tackle one issue each time.

Also, you can't write to the same file you are reading.