Solved

Google Sheet v4 writier writing blank rows to all google sheets

Hello,

We're experiencing issues with google sheets v4 writer adding large amounts of blank rows to the bottom of google sheets. It eventually causes the writers to fail due to size.

Thank you!

Robyn

icon

Best answer by rharte 25 May 2021, 19:26

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @rharte​ ,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues with Sheet V4. Would you be able to share more about the workspace and the writer feature type parameters so we can try to reproduce this on our end? How many features are being sent to the writer in comparison to how many (including blanks) are written? Are you seeing any errors or warnings in the translation log?

Any additional info would be great - or if you are able to send in your workspace and sample data, let me know and we can convert this to a support case.

I actually figured out the answer to my question after posting! In the Google Sheet V4 Writer, under sheet options, I had to change the setting for Insert Method from Insert Rows to Overwrite. That solved the empty row problem.

Thank you for following up.

Robyn

Badge +2

I actually figured out the answer to my question after posting! In the Google Sheet V4 Writer, under sheet options, I had to change the setting for Insert Method from Insert Rows to Overwrite. That solved the empty row problem.

Thank you for following up.

Robyn

Great, thanks for letting us know!