Solved

Style a DWG - fill color for areas

Badge +4

Hi,

I imported a .DWG file with 2500 area features and want to assign them a colour to get, lets say, grey areas. I found this article and tried to apply this solution with the DWG styler in FME Desktop 2021. However, only my lines get the chosen colour, the areas remain the same without any colour. See attached my DWG Styler settings and a screenshot of my dataset.

Any ideas?

Current output:

Current OutputDWG Styler:Current Settings DWG Styler

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 24 May 2021, 06:49

View original

3 replies

Badge +20

In this happening in Autocad or in Data Inspector?

Data Inspector doesn't style polygons as per hatch pattern and color.

Please check if Autocad styles correctly.

Badge +4

Thanks, that was the trick 😃

I came across another issue. Maybe you could me help me out there as well. I wanted to import the .DWG file in SketchUp and use it as a base layer of coloured polygons. However, SketchUp does not support hatches. Is there a way I could reorganize my .DWG file and import succesfully in SketchUp?

Badge +20

Thanks, that was the trick 😃

I came across another issue. Maybe you could me help me out there as well. I wanted to import the .DWG file in SketchUp and use it as a base layer of coloured polygons. However, SketchUp does not support hatches. Is there a way I could reorganize my .DWG file and import succesfully in SketchUp?

Try writing the sketchup_type (or skp_type) attribute as in the ranges specified in the writer documentation:

Trimble SketchUp Feature Representation (safe.com)

If force setting the attribute isn't enough convert the hatch entities to surface.