Question

FME_Security_User passing the wrong values to FME server and process

• 21 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Good morning to all. I hope that you are staying safe and doing well. Below is my problem.

I am trying to capture the user log in(Username) and pass it to the process so that I can associate the data with a user downstream. For this I set my User name: FME_Security_User. I thought that this was simple, but when I run the process, regardless of the user, FME Server is passing the value of the process owner to the process instead of the actual user log in.

Any thoughts? Advice?

Thank you in advance

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @Gerardo Boquin​ ,

The FME_SECURITY_USER parameter will return the value of the user who runs the workspace, for Server Apps this is always going to be the owner of the app. It is not currently possible to fetch the username that was used to log in to run a Workspace App that requires authentication.

There is an existing idea that is currently under consideration for work. I would recommend adding your vote to this idea so that you can be notified should the enhancement be added to FME Server.

A suggested workaround would be to include a non-optional published that requires the user to enter their name.