Solved

How can i stop Job Priority Warnings

Badge +5

We are using FME desktop 2020 and server 2020. We have a fme server job submitter transformer that creates child jobs to perform a data load. Each of these creates a warning in the system messages "Job 3117686 specifies a priority, but job priority is no longer supported. Use job queue priority instead. Please see: http://fme.ly/KB72058"

Looking in the transformer the job priority still exists (although we use job queue specification) and i cannot remove this value. I noticed that at some stage it had been set to 75 but I cannot remove it, only set it to 100. Is this sufficient?

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 19 May 2021, 19:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I would say just leave it at 100, which is the default value. Do you still get the warning if the priority is set at 100?

If no, is it possible that the FMEServerJobSubmitter is of an older version of FME? If you right-click on the transformer, do you see an option to upgrade the transformer?

Badge +5

I think you are probably right, I've seen some very odd behaviour from our dev server this morning (see my other post re parameters) and I've now republished everything and am keeping an eye on things - which maybe will lead to another question about corruption of repositories :)

Badge +2

Hi @Rob McPherson​ ,

The Priority parameter still exists in the FMEServerJobSubmitter transformer for backward compatibility, but since you are connecting to FME Server 2020 it is possible to hide this parameter and this will stop the WARN message from being printed in the log files.

In your FMEServerJobSubmitter open the Advanced section > select the drop-down arrow next to the Job Queue parameter > select 'Refresh'. This will reconnect the transformer to your FME Server and as long as it is a version greater than 2018 the Job Priority parameter will disappear.

2021-05-19_09-58-07 

2021-05-19_09-58-17 

When setting up new FMEServerJobSubmitters, as long as you have the Advanced section open when you make the connection to FME Server this parameter should be hidden automatically.