Question

how to avoid black fill color in dgn and change it to yellow background of a map in dgn output file

Badge +3

how to avoid black fill color in dgn file output , i would like to change the background of map to yellow instead of black by default in dgn file .

what should i do in fme workbench to modify the background .

i have used dgnstyler but it is useless in output ,i see only the changes in inspector in fme but no effects at output dgn file

i am using dgn writer at the end of FME workbench

FME 2018

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @spiderman​,

This is possible by setting the background in the design seed file used by the writer. Since this is part of the design files metadata, you won't see if in the visual preview as that will display the graphics views background (colour or background map) but you will see when you open it in Microstation.

2021-05-25_9-57-44I've attached a simple example with FME 2021 but it should work the same in 2018, hope that helps.

Badge +3

Hi @spiderman​,

This is possible by setting the background in the design seed file used by the writer. Since this is part of the design files metadata, you won't see if in the visual preview as that will display the graphics views background (colour or background map) but you will see when you open it in Microstation.

2021-05-25_9-57-44I've attached a simple example with FME 2021 but it should work the same in 2018, hope that helps.

Thanks for your idea but it looks like,it fills the whole background with yellow but what should i do ,if i want only the background of polygon yellow and the color of the rest of background is white .

Badge +2

Thanks for your idea but it looks like,it fills the whole background with yellow but what should i do ,if i want only the background of polygon yellow and the color of the rest of background is white .

Hmm, that doesn't seem right. The DGNStyler should be able to set the fill and pen colour for your polygons. Can you inspect the features before the writer and confirm that either the igds_color or fme_color (and the fme_fill_color or igds_fill_color) format attributes have values. Can you also confirm whether the features are lines or polygons (easy to do a quick check with the GeometryFilter)

With the DGNStyler, the colour should be set per feature as long as the color by level is set to NO so you should see the same results in the data inspector and in Microstation.

If that isn't working, could you try a more recent version of FME to see if that resolves the issue? I don't recall any issues related to this but could be worth a quick check.

If you're still running into issues it would be great if you could share the workspace or a simplified workspace that reproduces the issue either directly here or as a support case.