Solved

Create Report using FME Server App, with the criteria of a specific feature is selected

• 18 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way, to build a report using the HTMLReportGenerator, but the workflow must first kick off with a parcel of land being selected.

Is there any way to do this via the FME Server? I know there is the ability to draw a polygon to initiate, but if we were wanting to start it by selecting a specific parcel of land, which is within our Cadastre dataset (or any other dataset for that matter). Any thoughts?

The theory is to be able to specify a parcel of land, for it to go through and perform a series of checks against various datasets so that it can speed up the manual process of our users checking it against Environmental factors, planning zones etc.

icon

Best answer by drc43 19 May 2021, 00:05

View original

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi @cory​ ,

I think there's a couple ways to approach this (without getting into using the REST API):

1. Get the user to submit a point, instead of a polygon to initiate the process, where the parcel that the point falls within gets triggered to be used in the process. Downside is your users would not be able to see the actual parcels when selecting a location.
  2. Create an FME Server App that allows a user to select an area of interest on the map. This first workspace would then use the HTMLReportGenerator to stream back a map showing the parcels within this area of interest. It would also create a hyperlink to a second workspace that is set up using the Parcel ID (or some other unique identifier) that would allow the user to run the report for a specific parcel. Using a bit of HTML coding, this hyperlink could be included in the label for the parcels on the map. So when the user clicks on the parcel they are interested in, they can see the information about it and click on the hyperlink to run the report for that parcel.

I've been thinking about this second version for a while, but have yet to try it. There's a lot of variations that you could make for it to best fit your dataset and application too. It's not the most elegant solution, but I believe it will get the data where you need it.