Question

I have data in Excel with Lat/Lon converted to points using VertexCreator in LL-WGS84 and an AOI-boundary shapefile converted to LL-WGS84. When I clip the points lying within the boundary using PointOnAreaOverlay, the resulting points are 400km east

WS_screencapture

9 replies

Badge +2

@robeesafe​ do you have a sample dataset that you can attach?

Please see attached

Badge +2

@robeesafe​ I can't reproduce your issue. Using the point data you supplied and creating a boundary in UTM84-12N the point data seems to exit the PointOnAreaOverlayer with the same coordinates that went in. I've attached an example workspace (FME2021.0). If you can alter this workspace to illustrate your issue then we can try and figure out what's going wrong for you

I strongly think it's version difference. I'm running an older version FME. Just for my sanity, I'm sending you three files - workspace, boundary file and point source which is in it's original format. Run it if you have the time and inclination and let me know. Thanks

Point Source file (original format)

AOI boundary file

Badge +2

I strongly think it's version difference. I'm running an older version FME. Just for my sanity, I'm sending you three files - workspace, boundary file and point source which is in it's original format. Run it if you have the time and inclination and let me know. Thanks

@robeesafe​ what version of FME?

Badge +2

@robeesafe​ thanks for including the workspace and the additional data. I have tried running the workspace in FME 2019 (not knowing the version you are using) and cannot reproduce or see the issue your reporting. the only change in the coordinates I see is after the StringFormatter:

Before StringReplacer:

imageAfter StringReplacer:

imagewhich is what you would expect. I've possibly missed something so perhaps you can highlight a specific SRCID in the data where it looks like the data has changed.

@Mark Stoakes thanks for trying it out. The workspace was created in the pre-2019 version so it could be something in workstation configuration. I will recreate the workspace in the newer version which for us is 2019.2. Thanks for all your help. Stay Safe!😊