Solved

Issues writing ProxyType to IfcProxy

Badge +1

I'm writing and IFC file and I am writing objects into IfcProxy as there's no other fitting IFC Type at the moment. To better define the type, I am using the default ProxyType attribute.

When I write ProxyType as attribute in FME, the IFC file breaks. I can see the information added in the file but apparently the syntax is wrong. The FME output looks like this:

#674=IFCPROXY('b4I2bLVTRhe0Uu99isXLTw',#24,'Stone | CCC','Wastewater asset ID: cac582d1-373d-4ff8-bada-9727e139562a',$,#673,#672,.Sewer.,$);

In this case ".Sewer." is the ProxyType value. Then I change the IFC file to contain this instead:

#674=IFCPROXY('b4I2bLVTRhe0Uu99isXLTw',#24,'Stone | CCC','Wastewater asset ID: cac582d1-373d-4ff8-bada-9727e139562a',$,#673,#672,'Sewer',$);

After this change (replacing . with ') the IFC file works and the ProxyType information can be read.

Is this a bug or a mistake on my side?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 14 May 2021, 17:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @ekkischeffler​ ,

I don't think you can use the value of 'Sewer' for ProxyType. According to the IFC specifications, the ProxyType of an IfcProxy feature is an enumeration, and should be one of the following values:

• PRODUCT
  • PROCESS
  • CONTROL
  • RESOURCE
  • ACTOR
  • GROUP
  • PROJECT
  • NOTDEFINED

Please try using one of the values above, and see if the results are valid.

Badge +1

Hi @ekkischeffler​ ,

I don't think you can use the value of 'Sewer' for ProxyType. According to the IFC specifications, the ProxyType of an IfcProxy feature is an enumeration, and should be one of the following values:

• PRODUCT
  • PROCESS
  • CONTROL
  • RESOURCE
  • ACTOR
  • GROUP
  • PROJECT
  • NOTDEFINED

Please try using one of the values above, and see if the results are valid.

Thanks very much @daveatsafe​ , that solved it. I should have thought of that!