Question

Issues with looping (in a case of mesh smoothing)

Badge +1

Hi folks, 

I'm having some issues when setting a loop. I input a TIN in loop,and then I do some processing (smoothing). At the end I've set a parameter to match; if it doesn't , then I want the TIN to be reprocessed (with a new value for refinement). 

I seems like the loop is not accepting a TIN as a trigger for the next loop, or this is what i understand from the log: 

Loop to testLoop_INPUT1620857756 Input Splitter (BranchingFactory): Transformer/Factory testLoop_Clipper_5_Solid is blocking and cannot be used in a loop, but was found between 'Loop to testLoop_INPUT1620857756 Input Splitter' and 'testLoop_INPUT1620857756 Input Splitter'

Transformer/Factory testLoop_Clipper_5_Solid is blocking and cannot be used in a loop, but was found between 'Loop to testLoop_INPUT1620857756 Input Splitter' and 'testLoop_INPUT1620857756 Input Splitter'

testLoop_VolumeCalculator_9_GQuery (GQueryFactory): 

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

testLoop_Clipper_5_Solid (SolidIntersectionFactory): 

testLoop_Clipper_5_Solid (SolidIntersectionFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Do you have any idea how to overcome this issue? 

Thank you very much, 

Jorge

3 replies

Badge +20

Read this article on Looping with Blocking Transformers (safe.com)

It's a little complicated at first 😀

Badge +1

hi @caracadrian​ ,

I read the article and tested the sample. I am able to run the main workspace without any issue. Not so, when running the new instance (the saved customer transformer).

In the transformer, I am not able to set blocking parameters (in advance menu), neither the "Enable blocked looping", nor "the max. number of iterations". I am guessing this could be because the new FME version doesnt have these parameters (see image below). Do you know what could be happening here?

And the error I am having, when running this instance is >

2021-05-14 11:52:50| 0.9| 0.0|ERROR |Loop to SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter (BranchingFactory): Transformer/Factory SimpleLoopDemo_SpatialFilter is blocking and cannot be used in a loop, but was found between 'Loop to SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter' and 'SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter'

Pretty much the same issue I had in my own case.

Thank you,

Jorge

loopingsampleerrors

hi @caracadrian​ ,

I read the article and tested the sample. I am able to run the main workspace without any issue. Not so, when running the new instance (the saved customer transformer).

In the transformer, I am not able to set blocking parameters (in advance menu), neither the "Enable blocked looping", nor "the max. number of iterations". I am guessing this could be because the new FME version doesnt have these parameters (see image below). Do you know what could be happening here?

And the error I am having, when running this instance is >

2021-05-14 11:52:50| 0.9| 0.0|ERROR |Loop to SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter (BranchingFactory): Transformer/Factory SimpleLoopDemo_SpatialFilter is blocking and cannot be used in a loop, but was found between 'Loop to SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter' and 'SimpleLoopDemo_Point1620989568 Input Splitter'

Pretty much the same issue I had in my own case.

Thank you,

Jorge

loopingsampleerrors

I have similar issue, loop works if incoming and outgoing number of records are same.

It blocks when I do list explode incoming feature and take only of these group feature for loop, then it blocks !

I couldn't really understand the safe help, the version I'm using and help screenshots doesn't match !

Anyone else found this issue ? come across a solution ?