Question

Challenge for the FME experts out there - relates to data matching based on values. This is not a spatial question - its a question about migrating financial values using FME. See below for full explanation

• 10 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a set of data, coming in from an sql database. I have a tester that then splits this into two streams - one stream contains details of all positive value transactions and the other contains details of all negative value transactions. Each transaction has a unique reference.

I need to be able to say which DR transaction a CR transaction has been applied to but the kicker is that the CR transaction might not be for the full amount of a transaction and a later CR transaction might apply to the same DR transaction ie multiple CR transactions apply to same DR transaction. I also need to be able to assign a balance to both transactions but this needs to be the balance at the end of the transformation. The attached excel document might explain it better

1 reply

Badge +2
  • @left65​ I'm not sure I fully understand how you want to join your DR / CR. But I think the FeatureMerger is what your after. In the FeatureMerger parameters check Process Duplicate Suppliers and also check the Generate List. This will give you a list of all the CR's associated with a DR. You can then use some of the list transformers to sort through the results.