Solved

How do you create separate attributes for the geometry and a center point in one feature?

Badge +5

FeatureMerge1Hello,

I am trying to merge features where it has a closed polyline and it's derived center point (using CenterpointReplacer) where they are separate attributes in each respective feature. I am using a _count attribute to join on, by FeatureMerger, but it does not pick up the polylines (Requestor), only the points (Supplier). The end result should be separate columns for polyline and point in the same feature.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, @larue​ 

icon

Best answer by larue 9 May 2021, 09:23

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi @larue,

do you try a FeatureJoiner with "Geometry Handling: Aggregate Left and Right"? The result will be a Line and a Point (Aggregate) and the join of two tables.

Badge +5

Hi @larue,

do you try a FeatureJoiner with "Geometry Handling: Aggregate Left and Right"? The result will be a Line and a Point (Aggregate) and the join of two tables.

Ok, interesting. I see that it is like Aggregator, but gives a name to each component (Left and Right).

So then, how do you get them to show up as two separate attributes? I can see "Name" , with the Left and Right values in Feature Info, but they can't be readily selected in, AttributeCreator.

I think we are on the right track though. Many thanks!

Badge +4

Ok, interesting. I see that it is like Aggregator, but gives a name to each component (Left and Right).

So then, how do you get them to show up as two separate attributes? I can see "Name" , with the Left and Right values in Feature Info, but they can't be readily selected in, AttributeCreator.

Hello again,

you can get the names with the GeometryPropertyExtractor. But I think I don‘t unterstand your goal-sry.

Badge +5

I can see the GPE may work, but will have to get more familiar with Regex, I guess?

The goal is to output an excel file where it has one column for the polyline (left) and one for the point (right) in their respective row. The point is inside each of their respective polylines.

This will eventually be used in a Dynamo script that automatically creates a Revit model. I like FME because it is Dynamo-esque, but it requires a shift in mindset. My ideal app would have aspects of both.

Badge +5

Well, I figured it out:

FeatureMerge2The string replacer nodes are not part of this solution.

Enjoy