Solved

Transposing a file

I need to transform a CSV file where all the values for a given date\\time are in a single row:Image#1to multiple rows for a given date\\time:

Image#2I tried to follow the example at https://community.safe.com/s/article/transpose-a-table-using-fme, but could never figure out how to get data combined the way it is needed.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Lowell

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 7 May 2021, 22:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

You should be able to use an AttributeExploder here. If you can upload the 4 lines of the csv file you have posted i can create an example

Hi ebygomm,

Attached is the incoming CSV file.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Lowell

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

This should get you most of the way there

Capture

A more elegant solution than the one I was envisioning - thank you!

One final question - What transformer can I use to update the values of TagName in the file? For example, I need to change spCond to LLSCADA.LL_EX02_SPCOND_US_CM.F_CV, PH to LLSCADA.LL_EX02_PH.F_CV, etc...

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

A more elegant solution than the one I was envisioning - thank you!

One final question - What transformer can I use to update the values of TagName in the file? For example, I need to change spCond to LLSCADA.LL_EX02_SPCOND_US_CM.F_CV, PH to LLSCADA.LL_EX02_PH.F_CV, etc...

You could use an attribute value mapper to change these values. If you have an excel or csv file with the existing value and the one you want to transform to you should be able to import into the transformer