Question

Is there a way to change the default topic my workspace triggers when using the datadownload service?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

I have a workspace on FME Server which triggers topics in the case of failing (or succeeding) when running the datadownload service. The topics were chosen when publishing.

Now I want to change them, but I don't want to have to open up workbench and republish the workspace. I'd like to do it with the REST API.

I can remove or add services from a workspace but I can't see a way to specify the topics. Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 4

It's possible to specify custom topics when requesting the datadownload, e.g.

http://localhost/fmedatadownload/Samples/austinApartments.fmw?&nm_jobsuccess_topic=DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS&nm_jobfailure_topic=DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_FAILURE

But you are perhaps already aware of this and it's not what you need? I don't know of an API to change the default topics for an existing workspace, but it might perhaps be possible to hack something directly into the internal database.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

It's possible to specify custom topics when requesting the datadownload, e.g.

http://localhost/fmedatadownload/Samples/austinApartments.fmw?&nm_jobsuccess_topic=DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_SUCCESS&nm_jobfailure_topic=DATADOWNLOAD_ASYNC_JOB_FAILURE

But you are perhaps already aware of this and it's not what you need? I don't know of an API to change the default topics for an existing workspace, but it might perhaps be possible to hack something directly into the internal database.

Yeah, thanks David. I had see this option but it's the default I need to set. I'll create an idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

the propertiesFile.properties under C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Utilities\\tomcat\\webapps\\fmedatadownload\\WEB-INF\\conf has some options for notifications on line 106-109. I wonder whether changing these will override your current settings?

Screenshot 2021-05-10 112125

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

the propertiesFile.properties under C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Utilities\\tomcat\\webapps\\fmedatadownload\\WEB-INF\\conf has some options for notifications on line 106-109. I wonder whether changing these will override your current settings?

Screenshot 2021-05-10 112125

Thanks @hkingsbury​ , but unfortunately I'm on FME Cloud here and can't play with the files. But it's an interesting idea. I'm thinking about seeing if there is a way to set in directly in the workspace (just replace the lines in the workspace file itself). It's pretty hacky and I'm not even sure if that Info is actually in the workspace. I'll report back I'd successfull​