Question

Error reading specific table in ArcGIS Geodatabase

Badge

I use FME 2019.1.3.1 with ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1 (also have Background Geoprocessing Tools installed) and I have encountered a problem when reading a specific table in an ArcGIS Geodatabase. The Geodatabase is stored in a MS SQL Server database. This have worked well for a long time but for the last days, I got this error:

2021-05-06 11:20:22|   1.6|  0.0|ERROR |Column 34 is 
2021-05-06 11:20:22|   1.6|  0.0|ERROR |Error while performing SE_stream_query. Specified where clause is '"Column1"=28310'.:SDE_ERROR_CODE(-66) Invalid parameter value passed to function
2021-05-06 11:20:23|   1.6|  0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details
2021-05-06 11:20:23|   1.6|  0.0|ERROR |
2021-05-06 11:20:23|   1.6|  0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Nothing has changed in the workspace since last time it runs successfully so I guess that there is something in the database. I can read other tables in the same database without any problems. According to our DBA, nothing has been changed in the database except for regular updating of data. Is there anyone that has an idea what's wrong?

5 replies

Badge +1

@keoe​ , have you any information to fix the problem? I've got the same issue since we migrate from ArcMap 10.6.1 to 10.8.2.

Badge +10

Hi @vvaldor​. Can you please confirm the following:

1. What version of FME are you using?
  2. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit FME?
  3. If you're using 64-bit FME, have you upgraded your ArcGIS Background Geoprocessing to 10.8.2 when you upgraded from ArcGIS 10.6.1?
  4. What is the underlying database platform (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)? Please ensure that the database client on your machine matches the bit version (32-bit vs. 64-bit) of FME.
  5. What Reader format are you using? Are you using the current ArcGIS Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) format in FME or the Esri Legacy ArcSDE format?
Badge

@keoe​ , have you any information to fix the problem? I've got the same issue since we migrate from ArcMap 10.6.1 to 10.8.2.

I havn't found a solution on this. My workaround was to change reader to the MSSQL Spatial reader.

Badge +1

Hi @nampreetatsafe​ 

1. 2021.2.3
  2. Both, depending of bd sources, but in this case 64-bit;
  3. Yes, ArcGIS Barcground Geoprocessing 10.8.2 was installed;
  4. SQL Server. First, I've installed Microsoft OLE DB Driver 19 SQL Server on the machine but that driver doesn't seem to be right. I've go to the solution of @keoe to switch to MSSQL Spatial Reader Data because of #5 below but still have issues. Then, I've installed Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server. That was fixing the issues;
  5. Esri Legacy ArcSDE Format. But all have been changed to MSSQL Spatial Reader.

Problem solve. 😊 Thanks to everyone!

Badge +1

New tips!

Regarding to install FME Server on a Windows Server 2022 (french language package), be aware of having different ODBC Driver on the same server will cause problems of connections to BD's.  Ex. if you have Microsoft Driver 17 for SQL Server and Microsoft Driver 19 for SQL Server on the same server, both will be in conflit and you'll find some problems to open sde connections in ArcMap 10.8.2 and ArcGIS Pro, if your BD are 32-bit. You'll have to uninstall one of the driver. In my case, i've let the Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Servet in place to fix my issues.