Solved

How "Pass Against All Base" Criteria work in SpatialFIlter. ?

• 5 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I tried to find out any example or details about pass criteria shown in "Pass against All base" in Spatial filter but no luck. Can anyone explain how its work ? If example Base is Parcel shape file and candidate is building centroid. Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 1.04.01 AM 

Any help here ? 

icon

Best answer by chrisatsafe 10 May 2021, 19:01

View original

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @avinashdalvi_​ ,

Good question. In this case, I don't think using Pass against all is appropriate to use since the points are likely only contained in a single parcel polygon (unless you are wanting to filter for points that are both within the building footprint and the parcel boundary). Here is a quick overview of the 2020 doc as this has been renamed.

• Multiple Filters – the SpatialFilter assumes Candidate and Filter features may come in any mixed order, and must wait until all features have entered before performing any filtering.
  • Filters First – the SpatialFilter assumes that all Filter features enter before any Candidate features, and will be able to process the Candidate features immediately as they arrive.
  • Single Filter – the SpatialFilter assumes that after the first and only Filter feature has entered, only Candidate features will enter, and will be able to process the Candidate features immediately as they arrive.

For visual purposes, here is an example of points I would expect to fail when Pass against all is used:

2021-05-10_9-43-21Since the point(s) is only contained within 1 of the filter polygons, they will be sent to the failed port.

The next consideration is the point contained within both the building outline and parcel polygon. That would look something like this, where both of the filter polygons are overlapping AND contain the point(s).

2021-05-10_9-46-41 However, in this case you'd also need an attribute to set the group by parameter.

In other words, using the Pass against All is saying the filter must be <contained, within, etc.> every polygon for that group. Whereas Pass against One base only requires the predicate to be met by any single filter.

Hope that clears things up a bit!