Solved

How can I allow other users to edit my FME Server App?

Badge +5

I have created an FME Server App. Is it possible to provide permission for another user to edit the App?

I have granted full permission to Create Apps and also to the specific App to my other user but I get this error message when the user tries to edit the App:

This Server App is owned by "admin". Only the owner or a user who can manage FME Server security permissions can edit this App.

This seems to be highly restrictive.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 3 May 2021, 22:28

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

To add to this, in case it wasn't obvious, it's not viable in our environment to provide FME Server security permissions to users just to allow edit privileges for Apps.

Badge +2

Hi @nic_ran​ ,

You're right, at the moment it looks like the only user accounts with permission to 'Manage' the User Management page are able to edit apps that they do not own. I think the reason behind this is because when a server app is created/edit this will generate/update a token, and only users with 'User Management' permissions are able to view and edit tokens they do not own.

I would recommend you file an idea to request an enhancement that will enable users who do not have administrative privileges to edit apps they do not own.

Badge +5

Thanks @hollyatsafe​ I'll submit an enhancement request.

Hi, thanks for your reasoning, I found the answers for me