Question

uninstalling fme desktop

uninstalling prevous version is not going, does anyone have a solution?

fme

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm not sure if this is the thing you're running in to but: doublecheck if there's not a message hidden behind one of the others asking for permission to do something. I've found that if you don't respond soon enough it cancels the process.

Other than that, it could be a botched install, sometimes that happens. What may help is installing that old version again, in the same folder, or repairing the installation and then manually removing it.

uninstall-fmeHI @cdbrinkman​ 

I have at least 10+ where FME Desktop - does not uninstall, it just hangs like your example. It happened with 2020, 2021, 2022. I am just now in the process of upgrading our work PC's, from 2021.2 and 2022.0.

It just comes up with gathering required information - and it stays like that for forever.

Badge

uninstall-fmeHI @cdbrinkman​ 

I have at least 10+ where FME Desktop - does not uninstall, it just hangs like your example. It happened with 2020, 2021, 2022. I am just now in the process of upgrading our work PC's, from 2021.2 and 2022.0.

It just comes up with gathering required information - and it stays like that for forever.

Hi @rudy_v​ is this message appearing when you are installing FME 2022? Are you able to try with the latest build, or with the latest beta?

Hi @rudy_v​ is this message appearing when you are installing FME 2022? Are you able to try with the latest build, or with the latest beta?

Hi @daraghatsafe​ 

Trying uninstall. version 2021.x and 2022.x - both of them just hang. Also happend with FME 2020.2.4 - trying to uninstall on one of our Servers, juxt hang = and after leaving it for 24 hours - it just says busy configuring FME Desktop.

Is there another way - of uninstalling FME Desktop - other than from add/remove program?

Never had any issue with uninstall 2020.1 and before

I'm experiencing the same thing. Any luck in resolving this?

Hi All,

Yes the uninstall is a bug - when FME Integration console runs in the background - end FME Integration Console process - then the uninstall process will continue.

Major annoying bug - and has not been resolve

Rudy

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ 

Uninstalling was an issue - with FME Integration Console, running in the background. You need to close console - and then uninstall continues.

It is now deprecated - and will removed from FME Flow 2023+