Solved

Hello, I want to create a workspace that will take an Excel file with 2D geometry and a list of floor heights and feed them into 3DForcer. Have tried to create key : value pairs using ListKeyValuePairExtractor, but got errors.

Badge +5

The plan is to be able to assign floor heights dynamically based on my FLOOR_ID attribute. To be clear, the sheet with the geometry and the sheet with a list of floor heights both have FLOOR_ID as the name of the attribute. Was hoping to use conditional values, but not having any luck. Here are some screenshots for context:

HeightListAbove, is the preview from my Excel Reader showing the FLOOR_ID and height values. This is on a separate sheet from one with all the geometry, FLOOR_ID and other data.

HeightList1Error coming from ListKeyValuePairExtractor.

HeightList2This configuration does not work, but there were no other choices.

HeightList3Was hoping to do something like this in the 3DForcer, but it errored before it got there. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

@larue

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 30 April 2021, 19:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You need to use a FeatureJoiner​ (or FeatureMerger) to join the Elevation column to the geometry using the FLOOR_ID. Once you have the ELEVATION attribute joined you can then use a 3D Forcer.

Badge +5

Excellent! I'm slowly getting the hang of it. In Dynamo, you would create a dictionary and pair up the floor ID and elevation, then feed floor ids to get the elevation value. FME just adds the elevation as another attribute to the respective feature. Brilliant! Thank a bunch