Question

Skp to CityGML

• 23 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello. I'm trying to convert Sketchup files to CityGML, i've been following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_eHzACY_RA

I'm very new to FME and CityGML in general, butI've managed to convert Shapefiles to CityGML using a similar workflow.

The skp files does not contain any attributes, and only consists of polygons.

I run the sketchup file through a AttributeCreator to create a gml_id -> CityGMLGeometrySetter (od2MultiSurface) -> CityGML Writer (Buildings - Automatic User Attributes):

If I inspect the CityGMLGeometrySetter I can see the 3D models in the Graphics tab, but it dissapears in the Writer.

Am I doing something obviosly wrong? Why is the geometry not being loaded in the CityGML writer?

Any help or pointers to tutorials explaining some basics that I might be missing is appreciated. I can also upload my workspace and files if that helps.

Robin

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @robinosc​  - take a look at the FME Log file, there should be warning messages about why the features are not getting written to CityGML.

You might need to use a FaceReplacer to convert the polygons into surfaces

Thank you for the reply. I had to swtich from lod2mulitsurface to lod2geometry. Also, I had skipped Deaggregator, which caused issues.

The files seems to lose their projection when writing the CityGML. When I load the skp (or collada file) directly and set the projection their position is correct, but the CityGML from FME is in the wrong position. I set the projection of the CityGML using a Reprojector from XY-in to EPSG.

Any ideas?