Question

Hello! I am using a Server App with FME Server to generate MsWord reports. I have been getting this error: Microsoft Word Writer: Aborting translation: Not authorized to access destination file.

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

The error ends with "Please ensure that destination file is closed and check destination filepath" - most reports are generated but the very large ones fail (160 mb). Periodically these will work without an issues. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @bibold​ , what service is the Workspace App set to run under? (eg. DataStreaming, DataDownload, etc). Here to help, Kailin.

Badge +1

It is running under Job Submitter. It runs the workspace, creates the Word document and the user gets the document from a file share. Thanks for helping, Kailin!

I ran into this issue in the last few days, and it turned out that the output file name had replaced white spaces with <space>. When I removed the spaces and replaced with underscores in my parameter that eventually became the file name it ran with no issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I ran into this issue in the last few days, and it turned out that the output file name had replaced white spaces with <space>. When I removed the spaces and replaced with underscores in my parameter that eventually became the file name it ran with no issues.

Hello @novo​, would you be able to share a sample workspace, where I can try reproducing the issue? Also, what version of FME Desktop/Server are you running? Happy to help, Kailin.

Badge

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this? I'm coming up against a similar issue since I've upgraded to FME Flow 23.1 Everything was working fine in 2022.1. I've tried re-publishing the workspace etc. from FME Form. However, I'm having no luck in finding a solution.

Thanks,

David.

Badge +1

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this? I'm coming up against a similar issue since I've upgraded to FME Flow 23.1 Everything was working fine in 2022.1. I've tried re-publishing the workspace etc. from FME Form. However, I'm having no luck in finding a solution.

Thanks,

David.

@donegal_david​ , I was creating these on a shared drive and ended up resolving the issue by creating them on the FME Server box and then moving them to the shared drive using a PythonCaller.