Question

IFC to IFC missing geometry

• 19 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

When using the IFC STEP/XML reader and writer as a just plain import > export, I've noticed that some IfcWallStandardCase are automatically converted to IfcTrapeziumProfileDef although the export object name is IfcWallStandardCase. Therefore some the IFC is broken as some object's can be displayed anymore in other software (xBIM Explorer). The issues occurred on a more complex workspace but I've tried it on the most simplified workspace, and there I do have the same issue.

Screen missing objects 

Is this a bug or can i do something to fix this?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @pascal_wesolek​,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this. Off the top of my head I would expect an IFC to IFC translation to keep the IfcWallStandardCase as the same object. Would it be possible to share a simple IFC file that shows this issue? It's possible to just record a few problem features using the FFS Writer if the file needs to be simplified. Or if the file is private, I can create a case for you out of this question so you can email it to be directly. Let me know what would work best for you

Badge

Hi @pascal_wesolek​,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this. Off the top of my head I would expect an IFC to IFC translation to keep the IfcWallStandardCase as the same object. Would it be possible to share a simple IFC file that shows this issue? It's possible to just record a few problem features using the FFS Writer if the file needs to be simplified. Or if the file is private, I can create a case for you out of this question so you can email it to be directly. Let me know what would work best for you

Hi @jovitaatsafe​ 

Thank you for your answer. Yes can you please make a case for this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

@pascal_wesolek​,

I've sent a case email in response, but for anyone else encountering a similar issue in the Forums, I'm pleased to announce that the issue has been resolved by development in the FME 2021.1 beta, available for download here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

The fix build will eventually make its way into the official build when FME 2021.1 becomes an official release build. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with it. Happy FME'ing!