Question

how can i Transform a 2D autocad file (dwg) to CityGML ?

• 16 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow in order to transform a dwg to a cityGML file and later to import it into a 3D citygml database.

I have tried to find an example online doing something similar but I had no luck.

I wanted to ask if something like this is possible with FME and if there is an available example to get a first impression of how to implement it.

Thank you very much.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @brightside​ ,

I don't think we have an existing example of that, but if you could share a sample of your DWG, I would be happy to create a quick example for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @brightside​ ,

Please have a look at this article - it will be a starting point for an IFC to CityGML conversion: https://community.safe.com/s/article/bim-to-gis-intermediate-ifc-lod-300-to-lod-4-cityg

Hi @daveatsafe​ , sorry for disturbing you again but i need some little help Please .

I have an fme workspace that converts ifc to city gml and ​  i need to understand what it really does ,I mean by steps if you can tell me .

I appreciate your help Sir .

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @daveatsafe​ , sorry for disturbing you again but i need some little help Please .

I have an fme workspace that converts ifc to city gml and ​  i need to understand what it really does ,I mean by steps if you can tell me .

I appreciate your help Sir .

Hi @brightside​,

What is the origin of this workspace? I'm not sure why it has two IFC readers, and the output is GML instead of CityGML.

Hi @brightside​,

What is the origin of this workspace? I'm not sure why it has two IFC readers, and the output is GML instead of CityGML.

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

i really do not know , i found it in some public github repository and i thought i could use it !

Is it not correct ?

Thank you .

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @brightside​,

Hi @brightside​,

Please have a look at the IFC Examples section of the following page for some better examples of IFC to CityGML conversions. These use different approaches, so you can pick the one that best suits your needs.

https://community.safe.com/s/article/bim-tutorial

Hi @brightside​,

Hi @daveatsafe (Safer)​ , i hope you re doing well .

Please i have a question, i have this dwg file and i want to create an FME workflow to convert it into KML.

i am asking how to know which transformers to use and how configure them .

thank you so much .