Question

AttributeManager setting all the values to <missing> despite data going in fine

• 15 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi all, this seems almost too straightforward, but I've got data going through a number of AttributeKeepers as I'm trying to build a Database Table from other Tables, which then go through an AttributeManager to get them in the right order.

Unfortunately as soon as they hit the AttributeManager, all bar 1 input are set as <missing>.

Any thoughts on why this may be? I've attached screenshots as I'm no stranger to FME, but this is just odd.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I've had AttributeManagers kinda lose track when I set and then unset the value field, but it looks like in your case they're all set to Do Nothing so that can't be it. Still, it may be worth a try just setting up a new AttributeManager.

You mention 1 input is not set to <missing>, I wonder which one that is. And for a clearer view, a screenshot of (that part of) the workspace could be very useful.

Badge +4

I've had AttributeManagers kinda lose track when I set and then unset the value field, but it looks like in your case they're all set to Do Nothing so that can't be it. Still, it may be worth a try just setting up a new AttributeManager.

You mention 1 input is not set to <missing>, I wonder which one that is. And for a clearer view, a screenshot of (that part of) the workspace could be very useful.

Hi red,

Thanks for the reply - that one part is going through a tester. I've set up new AttributeManagers, cleared caches etc but no luck. Really stumped by this one!

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you click on one of those output rows in the visual preview, does the correct information show up in the Feature Information window? That would be interesting to know. I'm speculating that FME is confused between what exists and what is exposed.

The other possibility - and apologies if this is too obvious - but you are sending a whole bunch of features in. Have you sorted the data in the visual preview? Perhaps you are seeing features from AttrKeeper13, that didn't contain values, appear first in the list?

I guess one way to test that is to disconnect everything into the AttributeManager except AttrKeeper12 and see what the result is. If it's still all missing, then perhaps you can share your workspace and data with us at Safe? File a support case via safe.com/support and we can investigate what exactly is happening.

Badge +4

If you click on one of those output rows in the visual preview, does the correct information show up in the Feature Information window? That would be interesting to know. I'm speculating that FME is confused between what exists and what is exposed.

The other possibility - and apologies if this is too obvious - but you are sending a whole bunch of features in. Have you sorted the data in the visual preview? Perhaps you are seeing features from AttrKeeper13, that didn't contain values, appear first in the list?

I guess one way to test that is to disconnect everything into the AttributeManager except AttrKeeper12 and see what the result is. If it's still all missing, then perhaps you can share your workspace and data with us at Safe? File a support case via safe.com/support and we can investigate what exactly is happening.

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the feedback! I re-added the AttributeManager this morning after thinking on it overnight, and they started working.

No idea how or why, but it might have been a temporary file issue (though I did clear them out) or logging off and on again.

Thanks for the input on this, but it seems to have sorted itself. Bit of an odd one, but that's IT at times!