Solved

Has anyone successfully used the SharepointOnlineConnector to read files directly? Or know why all Sites are not showing when browsing?

• 14 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi FME community

I have successfully added a web connection to my Sharepoint site following this tutorial https://community.safe.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-Sharepoint-Web-Connection using the Client ID multitenant method.

Then when I browse the Site: parameter (image below) only a subset of all sites in my organisation are showing.

Capture My goal is to read files hosted in Sharepoint just as if they are sitting on my hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions on my issue above or know of an alternative way to connect to Sharepoint?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by owen 13 December 2021, 18:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

No solution, only a similar experience.

I recently got this working with the SharePointOnlineConnector from the hub and came to the same conclusion. (only a subset of the sites were showing) Also, when I created a new shared library I could not find it in the (quite long) list. When I tried again the next day it appeared in the list. I'm not sure what changed. The only thing I did after the first try was create a folder in the Documents section and add a file to it. I also shared the (private) site with some colleagues.

Badge +1

Ive got the same issue, but found out that if you enter the url formatted with the site ID, rather than browsing it works. For example yourcompany.sharepoint.com,siteid

You can find the site id by appending this to the end of the URL

/_api/site/id

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Ive got the same issue, but found out that if you enter the url formatted with the site ID, rather than browsing it works. For example yourcompany.sharepoint.com,siteid

You can find the site id by appending this to the end of the URL

/_api/site/id

Thanks @owen​ this works great!