Question

Changing Attribute name

Hi, I am trying to update the name of my attributes but am having a hard time. Currently I have two attributes (BEC: Revenue and BAC: Expenditure) and I have to update them to BEC and Expenditure respectively. I think I can use attribute manager but I am unable to make the required changes. Any help will be highly appreciated

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You can use the AttributeManager but also the AttributeRenamer to do this.

In the AttributeManager, click in the Output Attribute field and change the value:

2021-04-13_13h47_57

You can use the AttributeManager but also the AttributeRenamer to do this.

In the AttributeManager, click in the Output Attribute field and change the value:

2021-04-13_13h47_57

Thank you for the the help. I can get is working this way but I have a lot of files and am trying to automate it. Is there any way using regex I can seperate 'BEC' from 'BEC: Revenue' and 'Expenditure' from 'BAC: Expenditure'. If I can do that for one I can use the same process for 15 other files which all have attribute name in the format 'AB:DE' where sometimes I need 'AB' and sometimes 'DE'

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Thank you for the the help. I can get is working this way but I have a lot of files and am trying to automate it. Is there any way using regex I can seperate 'BEC' from 'BEC: Revenue' and 'Expenditure' from 'BAC: Expenditure'. If I can do that for one I can use the same process for 15 other files which all have attribute name in the format 'AB:DE' where sometimes I need 'AB' and sometimes 'DE'

You can change the AttributeNames this way using the BulkAttributeRenamer, but I don't think you can write the changed attributenames as long as the writer is static.