Question

I never used python in FME and now I am getting python errors for one of my workspaces. can anyone help me understand the error? I am unable to get through this.

Badge

Here is the error :

Python Exception <TypeError>: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Error encountered while calling function `removeDiacritics'

StringDiacriticRemover_3_PythonCaller_2 (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

StringDiacriticRemover_3_PythonCaller_2 (PythonFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

FeatureJoiner (FeatureJoinerFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

11 replies

Userlevel 4

I'm assuming that you're using the StringDiacriticRemover custom transformer from the FME Hub.

It most probably indicates that you've specified one or more attributes in the StringDiacriticRemover which are not always present in all the features that enter the transformer.

The easiest is probably to insert a NullAttributeMapper just before the StringDiacriticRemover to map missing attributes to null values.

Badge

Thanks @david_r​ for the response .. I tried using the NullAttributeMapper before StringDiacriticRemover but still i am getting the same error

Userlevel 4

Thanks @david_r​ for the response .. I tried using the NullAttributeMapper before StringDiacriticRemover but still i am getting the same error

Can you share a print screen of the settings in both transformers?

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

The null attribute mapper should work, I can reproduce the error by sending a feature that has a missing attribute, and resolve it by adding a nullattributemapper

Badge

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 7.25.48 PMScreen Shot 2021-04-09 at 7.24.28 PMThese are 2 transformers from which I am trying to get the output

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 7.25.48 PMScreen Shot 2021-04-09 at 7.24.28 PMThese are 2 transformers from which I am trying to get the output

CaptureYou need to map missing attributes to null, your settings are mapping null attributes to missing. Note that you need to use Selected Attributes for this, not all Attributes

Badge

Hi @ebygomm​ ,

I tried with the selected attributes approach also but didn't get the output. :(

Badge

Still getting the same error message :(

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Still getting the same error message :(

Are you able to share some sample data?

Badge

sorry can't share sample data ...its against policy

Userlevel 4

In that case can you please try and post a minimal workspace that recreates the problem using dummy data.