Solved

Multiple Publisher Notifications With Same IMAP Email

Badge +4

FME server documentation states:

Note: Each IMAP Publisher created on FME Server must reference a unique email account. You cannot create multiple IMAP Publishers that reference the same address.

However, I have done some testing with this and I have created more than one publisher with the same IMAP email. Bother publishers work. Am I missing something? Is there going to be a future error or fault? Where is the conflict with this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by richardatsafe 9 April 2021, 00:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi @robotix​ ,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, as that is no longer the case, and I will update the documentation. Since 2019 you can have multiple IMAP publishers. Be careful if you use the Check for New Emails Only because the publisher will mark the email as read immediately afterward, and subsequent publishers will not register those emails as new.

Badge +4

Good to know. Thank you.

After more testing that may have been the reason for some of my inconsistent results. I will keep testing and post again if needed.

Follow up ?'s:

1. Currently using 2019.1.2 does that fall within "Since 2019"? or did you mean after 2019?
  2. Is there a "polling timer"? Meaning does the polling time start from when you hit 'ok' or are there different intervals programmed depending upon the amount of time you set?
    1. If programmed intervals what are they?

Thanks

Badge +10

Good to know. Thank you.

After more testing that may have been the reason for some of my inconsistent results. I will keep testing and post again if needed.

Follow up ?'s:

1. Currently using 2019.1.2 does that fall within "Since 2019"? or did you mean after 2019?
  2. Is there a "polling timer"? Meaning does the polling time start from when you hit 'ok' or are there different intervals programmed depending upon the amount of time you set?
    1. If programmed intervals what are they?

Thanks

Hi @robotix​ ,

Let us know if you have any questions or you find anything that you think could be changed.

Follow-ups:

1. I should have been more clear, the change took place in build 2019.0. So every build after including 2019.1.2 will have this functionality.
  2. The polling interval that is set in the IMAP configuration will kick off the first time after the its starrted and the timing interval has run through.