Solved

Hi , I want my FME process to take '0' as 'null' for one of the attribute. Im totally new to FME , not really sure how can i proceed ? could anyone help?

• 7 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi , I want my FME process to take '0' as 'null' for one of the attribute. Im totally new to FME , not really sure how can i proceed ? could anyone help?
icon

Best answer by redgeographics 7 April 2021, 16:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The NullAttributeMapper should be able to do that for you, something like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 16.10.42That top mapping rule, "If attribute value is" is empty right now, that's where you can select null, missing or empty for existing attribute values, in your case you want to check for "0", so leave the top one empty and put that in the second one.

The NullAttributeMapper should be able to do that for you, something like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 16.10.42That top mapping rule, "If attribute value is" is empty right now, that's where you can select null, missing or empty for existing attribute values, in your case you want to check for "0", so leave the top one empty and put that in the second one.

where i can find this nullAtttributeMapper ? is it something configured in transformer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

where i can find this nullAtttributeMapper ? is it something configured in transformer?

It's a transformer in FME Workbench, it should be in your Transformer Gallery and if you type in Quick Add it should show up.

The FME Desktop Advanced training course has a section on the NullAttributeMapper in its first chapter, that should give you some background info and if you work through the excercise it'll all be clear.

Okay , I checked that video. So are we suppose to add that nullAttrubiteMApper explicitly ? as it is old FMW file ... not sure if i can add any transformer in between ... It might hamper the processs. COuld you please help on it ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @fmekps​ , sounds like you are getting close! Your workflow should be 1. Read in source data 2. Add a NullAttrubiteMapper transformer (Transformers > Add Transformer) 3. Write out your results. I used an excel spreadsheet to test:

NULL_Img1 

I've also attached before/after results:

NULL_Img2 

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere. Hope this helps, Kailin. 

Hello @fmekps​ , sounds like you are getting close! Your workflow should be 1. Read in source data 2. Add a NullAttrubiteMapper transformer (Transformers > Add Transformer) 3. Write out your results. I used an excel spreadsheet to test:

NULL_Img1 

I've also attached before/after results:

NULL_Img2 

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere. Hope this helps, Kailin. 

Thanks much for the help & info! it worked