Question

I am trying to add multiple counters to a workbench. The first counter is to just assign an incremental value to each row, the next two counters are to assign an incremental count based on a group of attributes (different for each counter).

The counters have to all be on the detailed data. I have tried putting the attributes to group in the counter name but this second counter is restarting each time and I want it to be incremental - as per the attached.

Both counters are set to Local and have different counter names.

I'm sure its something very simple I am missing but I just cant work it out

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @left65​ You could expose the format attribute xlsx_row_id on the Excel reader to get a value for each row. Or use a Counter if you want to control the count value of the first record.

For the group of attributes, use a StringConcatenator to create a new value and then use that as the Counter Name in the Counter. The new count will restart for every unique combination of the group of attributes.

Badge +2

@left65​ There's only one Counter in your example workspace so it's a little hard to tell what you're trying to accomplish.

The Counter Name restarts the count for each different value of Counter Name. So as the value of "@Value(AccountId)@Value(rte_yer)@Value(dte_lev)" changes, the count will restart from the value of $(DocId_Start) - in your example workspace. If you leave the Counter Name as a constant - i.e. "detailedDataCount" then all counters with that counter name will be in same sequence.