Question

FeatureWriter - no features come out Output Port

Badge +5
  • Contributor
  • 25 replies

I'm having an issue with the FeatureWriter where it writes to a database successfully but the features don't come out of the Output Port which I need to continue the transformation.

Why aren't the features coming out of the Output Port?

In the screenshot, 3 records are written to the database but do not come out of the Output Port. Since I'm writing to an ArcSDE database and I can't control the GlobalID, I have to write to the database then re-read the features after the GlobalID have been written. FeatureWriter

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

The summary port just contains information about the write process. What I do in these situations is pass the features to write into a Requestor port of a FeatureMerger (1=1) and the summary port connects to the Supplier port. This will then pass all attributes through to the rest of your process once the write has completed.

Screenshot 2021-04-06 075939

Badge +2

@Jon Atwood​ I couldn't reproduce your issue, but we've seen this before and it should have been fixed for FME 2020. Try removing the table qualifier - .dbo - or switch the the .dbo to the Table Qualifier parameter instead of including it in the feature type name

Badge +5

@Jon Atwood​ I couldn't reproduce your issue, but we've seen this before and it should have been fixed for FME 2020. Try removing the table qualifier - .dbo - or switch the the .dbo to the Table Qualifier parameter instead of including it in the feature type name

@Mark Stoakes​ I removed the table qualifier and put it in the Table Qualifier parameter instead like you suggested and now I'm getting results out the output port. It's odd since it's worked in the past without this configuration (same FME version) so not sure why it works sometimes and not others. Regardless - I think I'll move forward with the suggestion you provided. Thanks!