Solved

pointcloud to DSM based on Z

• 3 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi

I want to make a DSM from a pointcloud.

I have used the rasterDEMgenerator and the imagerasterize.

They both work and I get a good result, but only visual. When I load the DSM in Qgis and start to sample it, I get the color codes or something instead of the height.

I can't seem to find a way to change that.

This is how I I would like it:

1This is the result I get with:

1a 

This is how I would like it:

this is my result:

2a 

This is my workbench:3I did change the rasterinterpretationcoercer to gray8, so now I also get one band, but it's still not the height.

The imagerasterizer has only color or intensity as input component...

I think the rasterdemgenerator is based on the imagerasterizer I think so now I don't know if it's possible with one of these transformers.

I also tried to replace the intensity with the Z value, but that didn't work.

Does anybody know how to do it?

icon

Best answer by takashi 4 April 2021, 07:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @koenvdw​ ,

According to the help, the RasterDEMGenerator should create a numeric raster with a single Real64 band always. I don't think you need to use RasterMosaicker and RasterInetepretationCoercer at all.

If you load the resulting raster with FME Data Inspector, how are its properties shown in the Feature Information window?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

> I have used the rasterDEMgenerator and the imagerasterize.

Did you use the ImageRasterizer?​ The resulting raster created with the ImageRasterizer could be RGB or RGBA color image.

You can just use a RasterDEMGenerator to create a DMS raster. No need to any other transformers.

Badge +6

Hi Takashi

Thanks for the help. I changed the workbench to this:

You were right. There is no need to use other transformers.

I thought I tried this first and I didn't get the result I'm getting now. I cleared fme cache and rebooted pc. Now it works... Maybe I did something else wrong the first time.

The only thing is I'm getting a bit of noise around the wall's of buildings. Is there a way to clean that up?

Example: